Carol E. Schuetz, Editor
Hello BRASS members!
Only another month and half before Annual in Anaheim! Committees have been working diligently on creating lots of good programming for you. First, I want to congratulate our BRASS awardees and the award committees for their good work in selecting worthy winners.
- BRASS Gale Cengage Learning Award for Excellence In Business Librarianship: Rita Moss
- BRASS Gale Cengage Learning Student Travel Award: Ilana Barnes
- BRASS Business Expert Press Award: Joel Glogowski
- Emerald Research Award (2): Qi Wu & Heidi Senior; Louise Feldman
- Morningstar Public Librarian Support Award: Anne MacDonald
We owe a big thank you to Celia Ross (Vendor Relations Committee) for working with Business Expert Press to fund a new three year award! And a special thanks to Adam Chesler, Library Relations Director, Business Expert Press.
The Education Committee and the Business Reference Services Discussion Group invite your suggestions for future webinars and online discussions. To add your idea, visit the http://brass.libguides.com/suggestionwall. Help us with ideas as we begin to offer more online learning opportunities.
The Publications and Communications Committee will be posting a detailed conference schedule, but in the meantime, here are the BRASS conference highlights in brief. Be sure to also watch BRASS-L and the RUSA Blog for information about our activities. Preliminary Program
- Friday June 22: 8:30 AM-4:00 PM Preconference: Mastering Business Acumen: (MBA) in a Day: Business Concepts for Library Reference (Education Committee)
- Friday Evening June 22: BRASS Members Reception, Place TBA, sponsor: InfoGroup (Membership Committee)
- Saturday June 23: 10:30 AM-12:00 PM: Smart investing@your library: Program Models That Work
- Saturday June 23: 1:30-3:30 PM Forum: Using Social Media to Promote Business Librarians and Resources (Business Reference in Academic Libraries)
- Sunday June 24: 10:30 AM-12:00 PM Discussion: How Free Web Resources Can Complement Fee Based Online Resources. (Business Reference Services Discussion Group)
- Sunday June 24: 1:30-3:30 PM Publishers’ Open Forum: PrivCo, Mergent, Bureau Van Dijk (Business Reference Sources Committee)
- Monday June 25: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM BRASS Breakfast, sponsor: S&P Capital IQ Program: Adventures in Dataland: Business Data Sources (Program Planning Committee)
- Monday June 25: 6:00 pm BRASS Dinner: La Casa Garcia Restaurant, 531 W. Chapman Ave. Anaheim Restaurant Location: http://g.co/maps/tyctk
BRASS Chair 2011-2012