RSS Review

Amy Rustic, Editor

RSS logo

Message from the Chair

ALA Annual in San Francisco is right around the corner and RSS is sponsoring several programs and discussion groups on topics from the updated guidelines for health and medical reference, reference education, discovery systems in light of the New Framework for Information Literacy, and much more. All of the programs and discussion forums sponsored by RSS are put together by the committees. Conference programming is often just a part of the work of the committees. Join us on Saturday, June 27 from 8:30-10am at the Parc 55 San Francisco Hotel for the RSS Open House and All-Committee meeting. This event allows attendees to learn about the work of the committees and to talk to its members. At the Open House there is also the opportunity to express interest in joining a committee. Also at Annual, RSS and MARS: Emerging Technologies in Reference section will be hosting a joint happy hour where people can learn about the sections and network with other library professionals. Details will be available in the coming weeks.

This year’s RUSA President’s Program is on “It’s Complicated: Navigating the Dynamic Landscapes of Digital Literacy, Collapsing Contexts, and Big Data” presented by danah boyd on Saturday, June 27 from 4-5:30pm.

Again, these are just a small selection of the programming sponsored by RSS and RUSA. Stay tuned to the Conference Scheduler and the RSS-L listserv to learn more. I look forward to seeing many of you in San Francisco!

Qiana Johnson
q-johnson@northwestern.edu
RSS Chair, 2014-2015

RSS Honor Roll

When you hear Honor Roll, do you have flashbacks to high school? Maybe you have happy memories of the honor roll or maybe you think “could’ve, would’ve, should’ve…”

Regardless of your experience in high school, you may be eligible for the RSS Honor Roll.

The RSS has an Honor Roll that gives recognition to active RSS members who have served the section in three different capacities since its inception.

If you have been a member of three or more committees or discussion groups since RSS was established in 2004 and have not previously been added to the honor roll, please send your name and a list of the three ways you have served RSS to Sarah Hammill at hammills@fiu.edu

Not only will you become a member of this esteemed group, you will also be recognized at ALA Annual in San Francisco!