John Gottfried, Editor
Message from the BRASS Chair
We’re looking forward to seeing everyone at ALA Annual in San Francisco.
Here are the primary BRASS-sponsored events at Annual:
- BRASS Preconference: Intellectual Property for Entrepreneurs, 8am-1pm, Friday
- BRASS Members Reception sponsored by ReferenceUSA, Friday 5:30-7:30pm at ThirstyBear, 661 Howard St, San Francisco.
- Public Libraries Forum – Revenue Streams for Libraries. Naming rights, corporate sponsorships, crowd funding, and other non-levy type revenue sources. Saturday 1-2:30pm
- BRASS Discussion Group – Sunday 8:30-10am
- Publishers forum – topic is financial literacy and the scheduled presenters are S&P Capital IQ, Mergent, Morningstar, and the San Francisco Federal Reserve. Sunday 1-2:30pm
- 2015 BRASS Program – Not Elsewhere Classified: Different Approaches to Researching Emerging Industries. S&P Capital IQ sponsored breakfast: Monday, 8:00 – 8:30am. Program: 8:30-10am.
- BRASS Dinner will be Monday night at 6:30pm. Location details will follow.
These BRASS awards and grants will also be recognized at the RUSA Awards Ceremony and Reception:
- Peter McKay, Gale Cengage Learning Excellence in Business Librarianship Award
- Jason Dewland and Cindy Elliott, Emerald Research Grant Award
- Barbara Alvarez, Morningstar Public Librarian Support Award
- Grace Liu, Academic Business Librarianship Travel Award
- Sara Hess, Gale Cengage Learning Student Travel Award
The full BRASS program/event guide will be sent out on BRASS-L.
BRASS Chair 2014-2015