Two RUSA CODES Committees Unite! Collection Development Planning and Assessment Committee & Collection Development Education Committee
Big news for the Collection Development Planning and Assessment and the Collection Development Education Committees! Based on member interest, enrollment and overlapping committee charges, these two committees have been merged and will meet as a combined group at the annual meeting in Anaheim. The new combined committee will be meeting during the current Planning and Assessment slot scheduled for Sundays from 10:30 am – 12:00 pm. That meeting will be a chance for all members to review the current charges, draft a new combined charge and consider name changes.
In addition, the Collection Development Planning and Assessment Committee have an exciting program planned for Anaheim that is co-sponsored by the ALCTS Collection Development & Electronic Resources Interest Group. The program features four highly experienced panelists and is scheduled for Saturday morning from 8:00-10:00 A.M.; moderated by Heather McCormack from Library Journal, it should be a lively and informative discussion to kick-start your Saturday!
● Title: The E-book Elephant in the Room: How to figure out what’s relevant and working for your patrons to help you make effective decisions for your e-collection of the future.
● Description: Patron demand for e-books is growing; as our e-collections grow, as publishers create more interesting e-content that may have value-added content over printed works, and as we struggle to effectively balance our materials budgets across physical and e-content, how do we make good decisions about what these collections should contain?
● Day/Time: Saturday, June 23rd from 8:00-10:00 A.M.
Hear from four highly experienced panelists:
● Alene Moroni, Manager, Selection and Order, King County Library
● Anne Silvers Lee, Chief, Materials Management Division, Free Library of Philadelphia
● Linda DiBiase, Collection Development Librarian, University of Washington
● Sue Polanka, Head of Reference & Instruction, Wright State University