Amy Rustic, Editor
Message from the Chair
Greetings RSS Members!
Midwinter 2012 is soon upon us! The ALA Midwinter Meeting will be held January 19-24, 2012. Most RSS committees will be holding virtual meetings between January 16-31, rather than in-person meetings at Midwinter. However, for those of you who will be attending in Dallas, we will be sponsoring many events to enrich your experience.
Most importantly, we’ll be hosting the Second Annual RSS Pancake Breakfast bright and early on Saturday, January 21, at Cindi’s New York Delicatessen at 306 S Houston St, right near the Convention Center and hotels (http://www.cindisnydeli.com). We expect breakfast to begin around 8:15 am, but we’ll be sending out an official announcement soon. We hope to see you there!
- Saturday, 10:30 am-12:00 pm: Discussion Forum: Feedback and discussion on the Guidelines for Behavioral Performance of Reference and Information Service Providers and the Professional Competencies for Reference and User Services Librarians
- Saturday, 1:30 -3:30 pm: Discussion Forum: Library Programs and Services to Baby Boomers
- Sunday, 10:30 am-12:00 pm: RSS Discussion Forum: TBA
- Sunday, 4:00-5:30 pm: Discussion Forum: Answering the YA Reference Question – Making Connections that Matter with Marie Radford
- Monday, 10:30 am-12:00 pm: Discussion Forum: TBA
I wish you the very best in 2012, and look forward to seeing many of you in Dallas!
Chair, Reference Services Section
RSS Chair, 2011-2012