Friday June 24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; Morial Convention Center, Room 354
The RSS-MARS Pre-Conference Planning Committee is pleased to announce the speaker line-up for Strange Bedfellows:
- Char Booth, E-Learning Librarian, University of California, Berkeley: Keynote on the innovative technology-driven potential of meeting user needs when reference departments work in collaboration with IT.
- Dan Suchy, User Services Technology Analyst and Matthew Critchlow, Web Technical Manager, University of California, San Diego: Mobile apps
- Joanne Kossuth, Technology Strategy Team Member at Educational and Institutional Cooperative Purchasing: Technology Strategy Team Member at Educational and Institutional Cooperative Purchasing: Sharing resources between institutions
- Tom Maier, Senior Director Special Projects and Catherine Murray-Rust, Dean of Libraries, Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta: Strategic Planning, Implementation, and Facilities Development across multiple departments within and beyond libraries
- William Denton, Web Librarian and Adam Taves, Reference and Instruction Librarian, York University, Toronto: Divisiveness, communication failure, and boundary wars as tragicomedy. A staged reading.
The afternoon will include breakout sessions where attendees can work with the speakers to brainstorm on applying the strategies presented to real-world projects that they are currently involved in or would like to see realized.
Don’t forget that Advanced Registration ends soon! Be sure to sign up at the reduced rate and don’t forget about the discounts available for multiple registrations.
To learn more, visit RUSA’s Preconference page.
The group registration form (PDF) can be downloaded here.
Strange Bedfellows is a joint offering from the Reference Services Section (RSS) and Machine Assisted Reference Services Section (MARS) of the Reference and User Services Association (RUSA).
Carolyn Sheffield and Donna Scanlon, Co-Chairs