Carol L. Schuetz, Editor
Message from the BRASS Chair
As shown in the committee reports below, everyone is gearing up for the ALA Annual Conference. Thereâ€™s fresh snow on the mountains here in Utah, so spending ALA in Las Vegas is sounding pretty good to me right now.
Hereâ€™s a list of some of the BRASS events to look forward to:
- Preconference: How Business Librarians Support Entrepreneurs
- A status update and draft release by the Working Group of the RUSA/BRASS Guidelines on Financial Literacy Education in Libraries
- Academic Libraries Forum: Business Information Literacy Instruction: Scalability, Assessment, and Philosophy
- Publishers Forum: Hitting the Jackpot: Sources for Local and Regional Business Information
- Our traditional BRASS Discussion Group
- The BRASS Annual Program: Mad Men: The Business of Advertising
- Donâ€™t forget our Friday night membersâ€™ reception and Monday night dinner!
Also at Annual weâ€™ll officially recognize this yearâ€™s recipients of the BRASS awards and grants at the RUSA Awards Ceremony and Reception:
- Celia Ross, Gale Cengage Learning Award for Excellence in Business Librarianship
- Ilana Barnes and Tao Zhang, BRASS Emerald Research Grant
- Desirae Zingarelli-Sweet, Business Expert Press Award for Academic Business Librarians
- Katharine Macy, Gale Cengage Learning Student Travel Award
Keep an eye out on BRASS-L for the full BRASS program/event guide. I hope to see you all in Las Vegas!
BRASS Chair, 2013-2014