There were thirty-eight people who attended the Hot Topics Discussion Group meeting on Saturday, June 25th. Next year’s Chair, Naomi Chow, from the University of Hawaii, Manoa (firstname.lastname@example.org), was introduced. The group voted in the new Chair-Elect, Troy Christenson, from Florida Atlantic University (email@example.com).
The following topics were covered:
- Using email only to send and receive ILL requests vs. using Ariel or Odyssey.
- Getting It System Toolkit (GIST), an easy method for making purchasing/acquisition decisions and orders instead of borrowing on ILL.
- ILL statistics – what data do you save and how is it used?
- ILL books on self-help shelves: yes or no?
- ILL requests for e-content, borrowing and lending, and the effect on resource sharing.
- ILL lending or borrowing statistics down and why?
- Using Kindles, iPads, etc. for ILL: Are any doing this and how?
- Obtaining/purchasing online “pre-published” article requests.
- Experience using OCLC Knowledge Base?
- Handling multiple ship-to addresses with a single OCLC symbol
Julia Gustafson, Outgoing Chair