Literary Tastes Breakfast: Amazing author lineup is complete!
Sunday, June 26, 8:00-10:00 am; Royal Sonesta, Grand Ballroom
The final author lineup for the 2011 Literary Tastes is set! We’re rolling out the red carpet for three noteworthy and award-winning authors, and invite you to join us for breakfast while these amazing writers speak about their work and the craft of writing.
The 2011 lineup:
- Judith Shulevitz, author of the 2011 Sophie Brody Medal-winning title The Sabbath World: Glimpses of a Different Order of Time.
- Nathaniel Philbrick, Pulitzer Prize finalist and New York Times best-selling author of 2011 Notable Book The Last Stand: Custer, Sitting Bull, and the Battle of Little Bighorn, Mayflower and In the Heart of the Sea.
- Guy Gavriel Kay, author of 2011 Reading List Fantasy winner Under Heaven.
Registration for the breakfast and conference is now available at the 2011 Annual Conference website. The breakfast is a ticketed event sponsored by the Collection Development and Evaluation Section (CODES). Conference participants can add the breakfast to their registration by locating it on the list of ticketed events in the online registration form (Event Code: RUS2) located at www.ala.org/annual. Tickets are $55 for RUSA members, ALA student members and ALA retired members. Non-members pay $60. You do not have to register for conference in order to attend this event!
RUSA’s 2011 ticketed events include:
- The Genealogy Reference Desk: How to Make it Big and Easy. Friday, June 24, 2011, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; hosted by RUSA History Section (HS). Event Code: RUS3.
- Strange Bedfellows: IT and Reference Collaborations to Enhance User Experiences. Friday, June 24, 2011, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; hosted by RUSA MARS and RUSA RSS. Event Code: RUS4.
- Business Reference 101: Core Competencies for Business Librarianship. Friday, June 24, 2011 from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm; hosted by RUSA BRASS. Event Code: RUS1.
Instructions on how to register can be found on 2011 ALA Annual Conference Site.
RUSA’s New Orleans Program Line-up Now Set!
The 2011 RUSA conference programs in New Orleans promise to be outstanding! Submissions this year represented a wide range of topics ranging from Libraries Fight Back! to The Business of Social Media: How to Plunder the Treasure Trove. Visit the RUSA Programs page to see detailed descriptions of all these exciting sessions.
Don’t Miss These Special Events
RUSA Awards Ceremony and Reception.
Sunday, June 26, 2011, 5:00 – 6:30 pm; Monteleone, Grand Ballroom (Twitter hashtag: #rusaawards)
Join the division as we celebrate the most outstanding achievements of our colleagues in reference and user services.
RUSA Section Social and Networking Events
Friday and Saturday, throughout New Orleans (Twitter hashtag: #iloverusa)
Keep an eye on the RUSA website and RUSA blog, and follow us on Twitter (@ala_rusa) to learn more about various formal and informal gatherings of RUSA’s special interest sections. Many of these events take place on Friday and Saturday, and offer opportunities for serious networking and/or informal chatting with colleagues from around the country.